well i went hunting for the first time....

Forum for Women in the Hunting World, Welcome to All...

well i went hunting for the first time....

Postby saberbabe » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:04 pm

...and NO DEER! it was so disappointing! any one else get out this weekend? see anything? ill try again soon, im determined to get my first deer this year :[]:
saberbabe
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby HuntingEd » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:13 pm

My Fault!! took her to a spot that is great for the wind direction, but is a better morning stand (gets em coming back from the fields)..... I saw 16 there two days before, only it was in the AM....I'll put her on some next time.. dont you worry saberbabe!
Field Journalist - HuntOnly.com

Hoyt VTEC 28" @ 74# 283 ft/s
GTProHunters 5575 wraped and Blazed
100 Grn Rcky Mtn Snypers & Stinger 4 Blade
STS
QAD Ultra Rest
HuntingEd
170 Class Whitetail
170 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby SJohnson » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:50 pm

Dang Ed... Nothing huh... Well just think of it this way... It can only get better... :[]:
SJohnson
U.H.B. Life Member
U.H.B. Life Member

99.00Points

Postby purdycntrygrl » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:19 pm

Awwww saber, sorry about the lack of deer...I wish ya lots of luck the next go round...I've got that same determination for myself this year! :Very Happy:
~ Lynn

"The only thing a lady should ever chase, is a shot!"

www.myspace.com/dixiepimptress
purdycntrygrl
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby txbowhunter » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:24 pm

It'll happen you just have to be patient, looks like you have the determination. Best of luck to you.
Well the first man comes along that can read Latin is welcome to rob us, far as I'm concerned. I'd like a chance t' shoot at a educated man once in my life.

Evotek Impact 28" @ 65#
txbowhunter
180 Class Whitetail
180 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby misarcher » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:06 am

yesterday was opener here/ saw a doe late in the am and a lil buck in the pm, neither giving me a shot.
Patience. You'll see and get one. Just enjoy the surroundings and the experience...
Good luck ths year.
misarcher
140 Class Whitetail
140 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby NEgirl » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:41 pm

We aren't seeing hardly any deer this year on our property. Nothing is different and its sure frustrating when you know there is so much to be seen and you waste all that time sitting out there. Well maybe not wasting time, but sure gets to be a long night when nothing is moving.
NEgirl
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby SJohnson » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:05 pm

NEgirl wrote:We aren't seeing hardly any deer this year on our property. Nothing is different and its sure frustrating when you know there is so much to be seen and you waste all that time sitting out there. Well maybe not wasting time, but sure gets to be a long night when nothing is moving.

It does suck not seeing anything... If I can at least see a deer I think it was a successful trip in the woods... But that's how it goes some days... It'll get better... With the Rut being late this year everyone is getting a little fustrated with the lack of sign they are used to seeing at this point... Give it another week and you'll start seeing the scrapes and rubs you've been looking for...

Good Luck out there!!
SJohnson
U.H.B. Life Member
U.H.B. Life Member

99.00Points

Return to Women Hunters