Pro Questions...

Ask A Professional Hunter...

Pro Questions...

Postby SJohnson » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:10 pm

If you could Ask Any Professional Hunter, Any Question... What would it be...??

I would like to get some Questions from everyone, and once I get 10 or so for a specific Pro, I will try to contact the Pro and get them Answered... Who knows if they will, but if you have something you'd like to ask... Let's Hear it...
SJohnson
U.H.B. Life Member
U.H.B. Life Member

99.00Points

Postby c fish » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:27 pm

ok. Here is one that i'm sure everyone on here wants to ask. How do you go about getting a sponsorship or good deals from a company?
c fish
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby blubberball » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:43 pm

Do the sponsers pay you to endorse a product that you would not own??
Do you have people that scout an area in advance before you show up to hunt??
On the average what is the ratio of scouting time to time it takes to harvest a particular animal??
blubberball
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby whitetail2 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:00 am

When are the pro's going to do an average joe hunt?
By this I mean an unguided, public land hunt for high pressured deer? One of the toughest hunts out there.
Or better yet a true instructional video. One where they take you step by step, from the scouting phase, stand placement, all the wheres and whys, ect... The last good instructional tape I've seen is an old one, but still a good one, Bowhunting October Whitetails.
I watch all the hunting shows I can, but very very few teach me anything, because most only show you the kill and not what went in to making that kill happen.
A sharp broadhead is a bowhunters best friend
HuntOnly Pro Staff
NRA Life Member
whitetail2
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby txbowhunter » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:08 pm

I would like to know how they go about getting sponsorship, where do you start, what do you ask, what do you need to have prepared before going to a potential sponsor.

Also, how they go about editing and producing their videos - software, cameras etc.
Well the first man comes along that can read Latin is welcome to rob us, far as I'm concerned. I'd like a chance t' shoot at a educated man once in my life.

Evotek Impact 28" @ 65#
txbowhunter
180 Class Whitetail
180 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby Ellis Outdoor Productions » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:23 am

whitetail2 wrote:When are the pro's going to do an average joe hunt?
By this I mean an unguided, public land hunt for high pressured deer? One of the toughest hunts out there.
Or better yet a true instructional video. One where they take you step by step, from the scouting phase, stand placement, all the wheres and whys, ect... The last good instructional tape I've seen is an old one, but still a good one, Bowhunting October Whitetails.
I watch all the hunting shows I can, but very very few teach me anything, because most only show you the kill and not what went in to making that kill happen.

Whitetail2 - thats the kind of video im trying to put together. in my opinion i get tired of watching videos of people walking to the stand or even the guide driving right to the stand, they get in sit there and shoot a deer. i wanna put a video together that takes u through the scouting phase, stand placement, the preps to getting the area ready and why i choose that area. and then the hunt is on. i dont hunt with outfitters, or on ranches, i hunt on land that i lease along with others, some public land that i have hunted for years and other places i have permission to hunt. i might not have a video with the biggest bucks on it but im gonna try. i want my video to be educational for not only veteran hunters and hunters just getting started but for woman and kids as well. im gonna have a few youth hunts and woman hunts on video because to me thats what hunting is all about, getting others involved in hunting that are less fortunate or just dont have the opportunity. i have a few ideas of getting sponsorship. if anyone would like to know these ideas please feel free to message me.
Aaron
Ellis Outdoor Productions
Hunt Safe, Hunt Ethical
100% fair chase is how we do it
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby whitetail2 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:47 am

Kudos to you my friend. That is exactly what I'm talking about. You know I often wonder if some of the so called pros could even hunt on their own without a guide.
A sharp broadhead is a bowhunters best friend
HuntOnly Pro Staff
NRA Life Member
whitetail2
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby Stew2012 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:50 am

I would like to know, who unties the deer from the tree, and do they usually wait until the "pro" is ready?
Stew2012
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby Miinch » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:19 pm

I would definitly buy a video like that. an a-z video like that is hard to come by, its always just shooting the game and thats it...I want to know more!
Miinch
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby Ellis Outdoor Productions » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:13 am

whitetail2 wrote:Kudos to you my friend. That is exactly what I'm talking about. You know I often wonder if some of the so called pros could even hunt on their own without a guide.

u know whitetail 2 i agree with u. i would say probably 65-80% of em probably couldnt. u watch some of these huntin shows and most of em dont even know what they are talkin about. u know ive seen shows where the guide takes the hunter to the stand, sets him up in the stand drives off down the sendero or however u spell it and put out 100 lbs of corn. which i know in texas it's legal but come on. the pros hardly do any scouting. they arrive at the ranch or the outfitter the outfitter shows em where they are gonna be hunting, what they are gonna see, where the deer are gonna come from and what time. to me the outfitter and the guide's are the real hunter. i know not all pro's are like this but there are some out there. to me i wanna get in the woods scout it out and hunt a spot i think is good and see what happens. if it doesnt work i change my strategies. ur not gonna learn anything unless u get out there and do it urself. u learn from making mistakes. i learn something new evertime i sit in the deer stand. i dont think u can every learn to much about deer hunting because every situation is different and every deer u encounter is different. some setups u use are successful in many situations but theres always that other setup that works better even tho u may not know it. but ur never gonna learn unless u get out there and make mistakes. to me their really is no pro hunter. they can call theirself a pro and u or i could call ourself a pro but we all make mistakes. to me a pro hunter is someone who can go out time after time and never make a mistake, never miss a deer, never get winded and so on. so to me their arent any pro hunters. yet these so called pro's might know more than me about hunting but that doesnt make them a pro because they make mistakes just like u and i do in the field.
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Next

Return to Pro Questions