Tred Barta Update

Traditional Bow-Talk Here!

Tred Barta Update

Postby adaye » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:53 pm

I came across this today its the most recent update on Tred that I seen or heard. Thought I'd post the link that some may be interested.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/gone-f ... tred-barta
If guns kill people then pencils mis spell words..
Hoyt Alpha Max 35 29" @65#
60" Checkmate Recurve 49# @ 28"
Benelli Super Black Eagle 24" Barrel
H&R 20ga. Ultra Slug Gun
CVA Optima Pro 45cal.
adaye
220 Class Non-Typical Whitetail
220 Class Non-Typical Whitetail

15.00Points

Postby SJohnson » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:40 pm

Man that doesn't sound too good... That's a very scary situation... I pray that everything works out for him and his family...
SJohnson
U.H.B. Life Member
U.H.B. Life Member

99.00Points

Postby rowdy boy buckshot » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:22 am

the scary part is.... it could happen to any of us. think about that the next your walking out of the woods upset due to the weather, missed a big one or maybe you didn't even see anything. the meaning of this being..... at least you walked out under your own will and power. you get the chance to go back out when the weather clears up. there will always be another big one waiting. it's what we live for, and it's what we all enjoy doing. i wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. let's keep Tred in our thoughts the next time you step out into the cool damp chill of the morning air, and listen to the song birds. remember.... were not all so lucky to be able to do so.
rowdy boy buckshot
Button Buck
Button Buck

6.00Points

Re: Tred Barta Update

Postby Smoke1 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:27 am

I agree, none of us know what awaits us around the corner. I survived a life threatening illness last fall, a tic born virus and a mosquito born bacteria at the same time. I was sedated for 2 months and spent a month in rehab. I was fortunate enough to make it through it and hunt again. Believe it or not one of the first thoughts I had when I came out of the coma was how I was I going to be able to get healthy enough to hunt the rut. Right wrong or indifferent hunting whitetails is in my blood and I don't know how I would be able to deal without being able to hunt. The lesson I took from this is to hunt everyday as your last for someday you will be right. Prayers worked for me and I'm passing them along to Tred and his family.
Smoke1
140 Class Whitetail
140 Class Whitetail

63.00Points

Postby ChrtruseMajic » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:07 pm

Does anyone else have any more information on how Tred is doing? I haven't heard the latest. Thanks
Good Hunting,
Steve (aka) Whitt

Mathews Z7 Xtreme #60 29"
Beretta Extrema II 28" Barrel
Beretta 1975 OverUnder 30" Barrel
Marlin .22
Smith & Wesson M&P .45
ChrtruseMajic
190 Class Typical Whitetail

306.00Points

Postby savingyour6 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:55 pm

well i know he is hunting again. and doing a good job at it took his first ever white tail on camera! with his bow at that. he still can walk, but he has different vehicles and a lot of help to get him anywhere. he has even been riding horses. i also know that he took a citation size brook or brown trout off a fly rod too. dont know if he has really been back on the water other wise. i know when he does go shooting he has to warm up from 20,30, 40, 50 lbs on different bows. he will never walk again but he is not letting that keep him down, and has been very positive. dr's said he would never shoot again and he has proven them wrong there.... with that mind of his im sure he will be doing everything he can soon.
"A hunt based on only trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be...time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there." - Fred Bear
savingyour6
200 Class Whitetail
200 Class Whitetail

384.00Points

Postby ChrtruseMajic » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:35 pm

Cool. Thanks for the update. I saw the "Best and Worst of Tred Barta" episode where he took that whitetail from his wheelchair. That was pretty neat. I just didn't know if there was anything else to report. Thanks for the update savingyour6. Do you have any websites that I could look at that give info about his current condition etc?
Good Hunting,
Steve (aka) Whitt

Marlin .22
Smith & Wesson M&P .45
ChrtruseMajic

306.00Points

Postby savingyour6 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:57 pm

i have been googling his name find and bouncing off his fan pages mostly to get info...
"A hunt based on only trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be...time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there." - Fred Bear
savingyour6
200 Class Whitetail
200 Class Whitetail

384.00Points

Postby ChrtruseMajic » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:09 pm

Gotcha. Will follow suit. Thanks
Good Hunting,
Steve (aka) Whitt

Marlin .22
Smith & Wesson M&P .45
ChrtruseMajic

306.00Points

Postby savingyour6 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:40 am

Just watched an Episode on TV... The man is at it again.... this time he was Bluefin Tuna fishing..... the owner of the boat built a special rig for Tred to sit in and offered him the chance to go at it... and so he did.... it was awesome... awesome watched him on another show go sail fish fishing with 2 lb test.... so happy that the man is getting back at the game....
savingyour6
200 Class Whitetail
200 Class Whitetail

384.00Points

Next

Return to Traditional Archery