Swap bear hunt for deer or other western hunt

Trade Hunts with Fellow HuntOnly Members....

Swap bear hunt for deer or other western hunt

Postby lmdmjd » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:56 pm

Hi, I am new to this forum. I live in northern Maine and have worked for an outfitter part time doing some bear hunting over bait. I am willing to trade a bear hunt for two people for a hunt in the midwest or out west for whitetails or mule deer or elk if possible.

I have a camp that can sleep up to four people. It is not high luxury but has all the basics. I will have two active baits per hunter available. You can cook for yourselves at the camp. I will show you where the baits are and can furnish a pickup if you fly in. I will be around and can help you with any bear retrieval or possible fishing while you are here. The bear hunting begins at the start of September and lasts for 3 weeks. Let me know what you might have available. We have a great bear population up here.
lmdmjd
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby SJohnson » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:56 pm

Hey lmdmjd... Welcome to the UHB!!

That sounds like a pretty sweet deal... I can't get you to the midwest, but we do pretty good here in Maryland and it's closer!!

What is the average size bear you are taking up there..?? Any chance of a moose hunt..??
SJohnson
U.H.B. Life Member
U.H.B. Life Member

99.00Points

Postby lmdmjd » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:02 am

Hi there from Maryland. I didn't have a trip to Maryland in mind but you never know. As far as moose hunting, we have great moose hunting around my camp. The problem is in getting a permit. You can always apply, starting now, and see what happens. I am in zone 3 and I'm very familiar with zones 1 and 2 also. If you get a permit let me know and we could set something up. As a nonresident you can buy as many chances as you want. If you get drawn the license costs around 450 dollars. You can apply on line at the Maine.gov site and go to Inland Fisheries and Wildlife.

The bears probably average 150 lbs or so with some whoppers up to 400 lbs at times.
lmdmjd
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby SJohnson » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:25 am

Maryland is closer and I can honestly say that 5 solid days of hunting in Nov. has a legit chance at taking a 140" buck... Guess it really depends on what you were looking for...

What are the chances of taking a moose up there...?? What kind of sizes can you expect to see..??

I have a motorhome, so I could put myself up no problem...
SJohnson
U.H.B. Life Member
U.H.B. Life Member

99.00Points

Postby adaye » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:20 pm

I was wondering whos motor home that was at your house.

Thought you might have some realitives in from out of town and didn't want them staying in the house.
If guns kill people then pencils mis spell words..
Hoyt Alpha Max 35 29" @65#
60" Checkmate Recurve 49# @ 28"
Benelli Super Black Eagle 24" Barrel
H&R 20ga. Ultra Slug Gun
CVA Optima Pro 45cal.
adaye
220 Class Non-Typical Whitetail
220 Class Non-Typical Whitetail

15.00Points

Postby SJohnson » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:24 pm

adaye wrote:I was wondering whos motor home that was at your house.

Thought you might have some realitives in from out of town and didn't want them staying in the house.

HAHAHAHA... Na we let the family stay in the house....

Check it out in about 2 weeks... It's getting a "Tune Up"....haha

I'm ready to go somewhere... Maine sounds good to me!! Especially for a Moose...
SJohnson
U.H.B. Life Member
U.H.B. Life Member

99.00Points

Postby lmdmjd » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:49 am

The moose odds are about 85% for the general hunting population. I have never been skunked on a moose hunt either with my permit or with other people. There are some whoppers out there. My biggest was 850 lbs. but I know of quite a few that were 1000 lbs. I will talk with my friend about your deer hunting.
lmdmjd
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby SJohnson » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:49 pm

What is the average size with respect to antlers..?? 30", 40" 70"...haha
SJohnson
U.H.B. Life Member
U.H.B. Life Member

99.00Points

Postby lmdmjd » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:42 pm

I buy moose antlers too and the average size is probably 45 inches across and the average weight is about 10 lbs per side. I once found one behind my house that weighed 18.5 lbs. I thought it was a deer laying in the trail at first.
lmdmjd
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby SJohnson » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:45 pm

WOW... That's not too bad at all...

So what do you think about coming down to Southern Maryland and going on a whitetail hunt in exchange for a moose hunt... If I can get a tag of course...??
SJohnson
U.H.B. Life Member
U.H.B. Life Member

99.00Points

Next

Return to Hunt Swap