She Apparel

Forum for Women in the Hunting World, Welcome to All...

She Apparel

Postby ChrtruseMajic » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:46 pm

I have heard good things on TV and in a couple magazines that I read, but I wanted to get a woman's perspective from the sites real huntresses. What do you think about the apparel? I was thinking about getting some gear for the lady, and I don't want to go out spending the money for female fitted hunting gear if it isn't worth it. She has been using my gear for a while and it doing fine with it. She kinda goes swimming in my waders, but she likes baggy clothes when she isn't trying to dress nice. So what do y'all think? Is it worth getting some She Apparel or not? Thanks
Good Hunting,
Steve (aka) Whitt

Mathews Z7 Xtreme #60 29"
Beretta Extrema II 28" Barrel
Beretta 1975 OverUnder 30" Barrel
Marlin .22
Smith & Wesson M&P .45
ChrtruseMajic
190 Class Typical Whitetail

306.00Points

Re: She Apparel

Postby SD SHEETZ » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:01 am

here is an idea, take her to the store and let her try it on. Let her make the decision. If you buy her hunting clothes for Christmas she will KILL you.
'Till Next Hunt, SD
Whack 'em, stack 'em and pack 'em." Ted Nugent,
SD SHEETZ
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

111.00Points

Postby ChrtruseMajic » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:26 am

Trust me. I didn't. Would like to keep the hardy boys a little while longer. I just wanted to know from a woman's perspective so that wouldn't make a trip to the store unless I needed to.
Good Hunting,
Steve (aka) Whitt

Marlin .22
Smith & Wesson M&P .45
ChrtruseMajic

306.00Points

Postby Doeycat » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:28 pm

Like your wife, when I first started hunting it was terribly hard to find woman's hunting gear. But I think that the hunting apparel world is starting to figure out that they are missing out by not having more options for women. I have purchased several different brands of hunting apparel. I have She Apparel and others. I like She Apparel, but my favorite has surprisingly been Bass Pro shops woman's hunting clothing. I am not found of Cabelas women hunting clothes because it doesn't seem to be in the right proportions - I do have several sets of theirs. But every woman's body type is different and she may feel more comfortable is She Apparel. The best thing to do is let her try it on and see what fits her best. And by the way....I would absolutely love getting hunting clothes for Christmas!! But to each their own!! Hope this helps!
Doeycat
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby Doeycat » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:33 pm

I almost forgot to add about the wader boots. I have a pair of Lacrosse Alphaburle's (spell!) and absolutely love them. They are my favorite boots - I have the 800 grams.
Doeycat
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby ChrtruseMajic » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:36 pm

yea that does help. Thank you for the feedback. I will have to check that out.
Good Hunting,
Steve (aka) Whitt

Marlin .22
Smith & Wesson M&P .45
ChrtruseMajic

306.00Points

Postby MidnightAngel » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:08 am

I have a hard time finding women apparel in plus sizes, so I've got a man's coat, I don't fit in the hubby's cuz he's a little skinny thing which I have never been. :[]: I'd love to get some women apparel as long as it fits right. I agree though, don't get it for her for Christmas, let her go out and try it on that way you will make it to another hunting season. lol
MidnightAngel
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby ChrtruseMajic » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:58 pm

That is some good advice. Yea, I wasn't going to get her anything for xmas cause lord knows I wouldn't hear the end of it. But I just wanted to see what y'all ladies thought about it. Thanks again.
Good Hunting,
Steve (aka) Whitt

Marlin .22
Smith & Wesson M&P .45
ChrtruseMajic

306.00Points

Postby HuntinRose89 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:32 pm

I say you should take her to try them on, they will be fitted, but she can try on some that will be a lil baggier. I lie the clothes, but personally, it is a definite change from where guy gear...i was lookin in Bass pro and talkin bout how not enough females my size hunt, i practically have to buy clothes that would fit a teenage boy. lol. Even Boots, i shop in the male sectin for boots cuz they don't make camo waders for females or camo thermal boots for females...for a good bit of time i was huntin in my huntin buddies extra gear, over alls and my own coat, cowboy boots and their extra gun or we took turns huntin.
But If she decides she likes them, it's best to find out while STILL in the store rather than havin to make a trip to take them back. I don't favor it, but then again, i was excited to see them...I only way 120, i look better in She Appearal than guys gear (a guy that is near 200 pounds, i tend to swim while hunting. lol. As long as they don't put the pink and purple color in the She Appearal Brand, i may continue to buy it instead of shop for gear and such in the guys department. lol.
HuntinRose89
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby HuntinRose89 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:35 pm

*like.....typo...hehe
HuntinRose89
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Next