Indiana Apprentice Licence !!!!

Post any info you have on New Laws being passed that will help or Hurt our Sport and details on who needs to be contacted accordingly... This is Important...

Indiana Apprentice Licence !!!!

Postby misarcher » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:54 pm

In an effort to help recruit new hunters, Indiana will allow individuals of any age to go hunting before taking a hunter education class, if they purchase an apprentice hunting license and are accompanied by a licensed adult while hunting. The licenses go on sale for the first time July 1.

This initiative, which allows individuals to try hunting to see if it is a sport they wish to pursue without having to first invest a lot of time and money, has been done in other states as part of a nation-wide initiative to recruit new hunters.

Here is some basic information about the Indiana apprentice hunting licenses:

An apprentice hunter can be of any age.
An apprentice hunter can be a resident or non-resident.
An individual can purchase no more than three apprentice hunting licenses during his/her lifetime.
An individual who is at least 18 years old and has a valid hunting license (or is exempt from needing a hunting license under state law) must be in close proximity and be able to communicate at all times with the apprentice hunter. The individual who accompanies the apprentice hunter cannot accompany more than two apprentice hunters at one time while in the field.
All hunting license types will be available to purchase as an apprentice license.
Apprentice hunting licenses fees will be established by the Natural Resources Commission in May, but are expected to be the same as for a regular hunting license of that type.
Apprentice hunting licenses will be available by July 1 on the automated licensing system.

This will be perfect for my son this year!!!!!!
Take Your Kids Hunting
So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Kids.
misarcher
140 Class Whitetail
140 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby SJohnson » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:08 am

WOW that sounds really cool... Great way to get new people involved in the sport... Thats a big problem with alot of my non-hunting buddies... They can't just go with me, they have to take the class and put in all this time and they dont even know if they'll like it...

MD should do that... We can't even getting hunting on Sundays though, so I doubt thats gonna happen...
SJohnson
U.H.B. Life Member
U.H.B. Life Member

99.00Points

Postby misarcher » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:03 am

That sucks for you...
I don't know what I'd do if we couldn't hunt on sundays...i'd have ALOT less hunting opportunities that's for sure !!!
Take Your Kids Hunting
So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Kids.
misarcher
140 Class Whitetail
140 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby SJohnson » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:24 am

Yes it CERTAINLY does... And it does really limit most of the hunters...
SJohnson
U.H.B. Life Member
U.H.B. Life Member

99.00Points

Postby Smitty8105 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:36 pm

Michigan has the same thing, the only difference is that an Archery hunter has to be at least 10yrs old and a Firearm hunter has to be at least 12yrs old
Smitty8105
180 Class Whitetail
180 Class Whitetail

103.00Points

Return to Hunting Laws and Protecting our Sport