Ladies, How did you get started hunting?

Forum for Women in the Hunting World, Welcome to All...

Ladies, How did you get started hunting?

Postby Ladybowhunter » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:28 pm

Lets hear some stories...Teresa
Ladybowhunter
140 Class Whitetail
140 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Re: Ladies, How did you get started hunting?

Postby Ladybowhunter » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:29 pm

My husband got me started...I love it..been bowhunting for 25 years or more....I shoot a compound bow, Hoyt...Tkaen many deer, I dont care if they are does...but I would like a monster buck....lol
Ladybowhunter
140 Class Whitetail
140 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby Ladybowhunter » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:06 pm

There must not be very many ladies on here.. :Crying or Very sad:
Ladybowhunter
140 Class Whitetail
140 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby huntress » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:47 am

I got started hunting about 2 years ago as a way to better understand my whitetail crazed boyfriend, now fiance. I had literally never been in the woods, never used a bow, never climbed a tree stand etc. so I was incredibly overwhelmed at first. Fortunately, Mark was patient and took things slowly so that I could learn one step at a time.

I'm not sure if I will ever be able to repay him for his effort. I am certainly forever grateful. Now, I love hunting. In fact, I think I may be surpassing him in my whitetail fever. I could not imagine if I hadn't went out for the first hunt. :)
huntress
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby pahuntergirl » Fri May 20, 2011 3:32 pm

My dad,, 23 years ago when I was in high school. He is an avid hunter, my sister wasn't interested, so I went to make him happy. The next year he asked me again and I thought "OK, one more time won't kill me." Then I started to love it.
Being in the woods, the quiet, the fresh air, seeing game...you know what I mean
pahuntergirl
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby Ar_ladyhunter » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:29 pm

A friend of ours and my husband got me into hunting. I hunted for 3 years with rifle only before taking my first deer, a doe. After that I was hooked. I started hunting with a side lock muzzle loader after that as well as a crossbow. My first crossbow kill was a small 5 point. I have taken many deer with all three weapons, but killed my biggest buck with the crossbow in 2010, with a score of 127". I got my second biggest this season with my CVA Wolf muzzle loader. I hunted many years with my dad before he passed away in 2007. Our friend passed away in 2000, and I always dedicate the first deer of the season to them.
Tree hugging is okay, as long as you are climbing up to your treestand.
Ar_ladyhunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

14.00Points

Postby countrygirl1 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:17 pm

My Dad got me started when I was a kid.....I was his boy until he had my brother when I was a teenager. LOL! Recently my boyfriend got me back into it. I killed my first deer during doe season last year!
countrygirl1
Button Buck
Button Buck

9.00Points

Postby SirDario » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:31 am

Great.

Good to know that even ladies could compete in such an impressing way in hunting.
And now we could really foresee that even women could accommodate the things the man could do.
Bravo to the ladies. :Very Happy:
Vindicator wrote:For interested parties a full hunting expedition can be arranged archery choose between the traditional longbow and the more powerful crossbow.
SirDario
Button Buck
Button Buck

3.00Points

Postby Regina » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:20 pm

My dad has always bin into hunting. He only had me :Laughing: so he started taking me with him. I fell in love with hunting bow hunting and rifle is what i'm into. I also loved his mounts when I was little so I went to taxidermy school and now I have my own taxidermy business and my dad has a hunting club that I am involved with.
Regina
Button Buck
Button Buck

12.00Points

Postby Thia Queens of Camo » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:51 am

I have been hunting for about 30 years, since I was 18. Before that, I used to go with my dad on his scouting and archery elk trips. Now I hunt rifle, archery, and muzzleloader, hunting everything from deer and elk to coyotes, turkeys, bears, and wolves. I love hunting and would hunt every day of my life if I could!!
Thia
Queens of Camo TV
Blogging at queensofcamo.com

If God didn't want us to eat animals, He wouldn't have made them out of meat.
Thia Queens of Camo
Button Buck
Button Buck

6.00Points

Return to Women Hunters