Need Advice

Waterfowl Hunting, Ducks, Geese, Blinds, Boats, Shotguns, anything to do with Waterfowl here.

Need Advice

Postby bowhunter32 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:23 am

Hey guys.

This has been a very disappointing season for me...deer and waterfowl..

I only have a few days left and I know where the ducks/geese are flying. They go to a wheat field in the morning and come back to the lake in the evening. However, this will be the second day theve been shot at.

I have no decoys...but I am VERY good at making blinds. Could yall give me some advice and tips? Here are some questions that I really need answered. (But I would love to hear any other advice you can give me)

- mod, imp, or full choke? (I use full but I can actually see the birds move to dodge the spread)
- sweetening up a location
- when to shoot
- how much to lead
- should I find a new spot?

Thanks and good luck this season
bowhunter32
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

288.00Points

Re: Need Advice

Postby savingyour6 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:40 pm

i use a full choke and Kent Steel #2 in my Beretta, Decoys are not always needed, however they really do help, you almost have to use them, otherwise its just luck. sweeting up a location is fine but its almost something you have to preplan before season starts. its hard to sweeten the site once the birds are flying.
"A hunt based on only trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be...time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there." - Fred Bear
savingyour6
200 Class Whitetail
200 Class Whitetail

384.00Points

Return to Waterfowl Hunting