Home built cooler

Tips and hints, safety recalls and reviews, from atv's to scopes, if its about the gear, the gear junkies can find it here!

Home built cooler

Postby Gregad » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Not sure if this is the place to post this or not.

Looking to build a cooler to hang my hunt in during warm weather. Thought about using a air conditioner or a old refrigerator without a door on it for cooling it. I know it has to be between 32 and 40 degrees.

Anyone built their own or any suggestions?

I am thinking a 6'x6"x8" tall insulated building.
Gregad
Button Buck
Button Buck

3.00Points

Re: Home built cooler

Postby Capt Rick Hiott » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Im thinking that you will need more cooling power than a A/C or a single fridge with that size room.

Watcha think guys?
Capt Rick Hiott
Button Buck
Button Buck

75.00Points

Re: Home built cooler

Postby savingyour6 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:02 am

my butcher uses a a/c unit, in a very well insulated room that hunters dropp off their deer into. he has it set for 60 or below. and its always nice and cool. he doesnt keep them in there for long, generally the next day he has them skinned and in a day or two cut up and ready to go.... iv never got sick from a deer iv taken him (knock on wood).....
"A hunt based on only trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be...time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there." - Fred Bear
savingyour6
200 Class Whitetail
200 Class Whitetail

384.00Points

Return to Gear and Equipment