Scratched lens!

Did you watch a Cool Hunting Video on Youtube or upload your own video's to youtube and share them here... We'd love to see them...

Scratched lens!

Postby monica23 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:02 pm

Hey guys..thought this would be a good spot to aask this....I hav a gopro hero camera and today, i dropped it and the lens is spider cracked nad now its completely useless. Gopro said they dont sell lenses and wanted me to buy a new camera for a 10% discount, but i dont need all the accesories again! what should i do now?
monica23
Button Buck
Button Buck

12.00Points

Re: Scratched lens!

Postby monica23 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:50 am

so i wanted to share this awesome info i gto...i found RageCams and
the told me about a more zoomed in lens 8mm no fish eye that brings
the video closer to really see the objects im shooting up close..any advice wuold be great!!!
monica23
Button Buck
Button Buck

12.00Points

Postby monica23 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:57 am

SAVED!!!I just received my gopro hd hero camera back from ragecams, dennis was really helpful in helping me select the right lens for my needs, i went with the 4mm & its working great and no more fish eye effect, bending corners of the video, or distortion, rage cams did it in 1 day and shipped it back to me fast, life is good!! Dennis told me the camera has been modified so i can now change lenses without taking the camera apart also and macro focus, whatever that meant LOL, so i did some research on macro focus. but not sure i need a different lens. He also said hero3 was coming out before xmas, and he was gonna give me a smoking deal, so i think i may sell me hero2 if the hero3 is gonna be a major upgrade to the hd2, in the mean time back to filming my craziness! I did a search and found the 4mm lens doing a macro focus that i though was really neat on a green grasshopper and gave me some kool ideas check this out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yARkToPD6Yw
monica23
Button Buck
Button Buck

12.00Points

Postby Decim8r » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:39 pm

Awesome, Glad everything worked out. Sounds like it is an awesome lens.
2012 Mathews Heli-M
2012 PSE Omen Pro special all Black Edition

"I'm all for Wildlife Preservation...use freezer bags!"
Decim8r
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

465.00Points

Return to Members Hunting Videos...