Cheap and Easy Fertilizer for Food Plots

Any questions or Information you have about Food Plots...

Cheap and Easy Fertilizer for Food Plots

Postby bowhunter32 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:46 pm

Hey Guys. I love to plant food plots every year. However, down her in southwest Okalhoma, The soil isnt all that fertile. As 15 year old, I cant afford all the fertilizers needed to help my soil produce properly. Fortunately I have discoverd a way to make my plants lush and more palatable.

If the Lord blesses us with the rain thats predicted, I will be planting this next weekend. Im gonna plant BioLogic Hot Spot. I love this product because it only plants a 25 by 25 yard area so it is easy to work with hand tools. (hoe, metal rake, weedeater, etc.) It is also easy to water it with something like a sprayer if we go for a long period of time with no rain. I weed eated all the grasses and weeds down and raked it all out. Now im ready to put the fertilizer out. I bought:
2 bags of potting soil (1.50 ea.)
I bag of peat moss (3.00)

That is the only money I took out of my wallet. I took two good sized trash cans, Put a quarte of the bag of peat moss in each one and set the other half aside. I then poured 1 bag of potting soil in each trash can and mixed it all together. To give it a boost, I took a 25 gallon buck full of cow manure and chopped it up as good as I could and mixed it all in.

Later on, when the plants have grown a little bit. I will tak a sack and fill it with cow manure. Then put it in a bucket and hose it down really good. The result is pure liquid fertilizer. Water it down and then spray in on yoor plants. Hope this helps
bowhunter32
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

288.00Points

Return to Food Plots