Mountain Lions

Everything Predator...

Mountain Lions

Postby GotHuntingGear » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:35 pm

I am from South Dakota and I am 400 miles east of the black hills. There mountain lions are pretty thick. Well, they just started a season there and the cats are getting shot, but now in my home area the mountain lions are starting to show up. We have even had one in the area with a black hills collar on it. Anyways, what I am getting at is we are losing livestock and deer here and people are seeing the cats, but when the wardens and local police come out they kind of chuckle and say it is a coyote. Well, I know what a cat looks like and I have seen a dead deer drug 50 feet and scattered all over in one night! People are saying that game wardens are bringing the cats from the hills and dropping them off all over the state to get rid of deer. Now are any of you from south dakota and heard the same thing or does this happen anywhere else?

If you are ever looking for some great hunting gear you should check out my online hunting store sometime at http://www.gothuntinggear.net!
GotHuntingGear
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Re: Mountain Lions

Postby ChrtruseMajic » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:14 am

I can't imagine that the game wardens would be putting out predators such as mountain lions. They are too dangerous. But who knows. If you could find some hard evidence, that would be really awesome. Might bring about some changes in hunting policies etc...
Good Hunting,
Steve (aka) Whitt

Mathews Z7 Xtreme #60 29"
Beretta Extrema II 28" Barrel
Beretta 1975 OverUnder 30" Barrel
Marlin .22
Smith & Wesson M&P .45
ChrtruseMajic
190 Class Typical Whitetail
190 Class Typical Whitetail

306.00Points

Postby cptoocool » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:31 pm

dont be to quick to say the game warden wouldnt release such an animal. here in NY rumor has it our D.E.C. (game warden) has released wolves.
cptoocool
Button Buck
Button Buck

21.00Points

Postby 3DBowhunter1972 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:15 am

Here in Ga, people have seen cougars and mtn lions, yet the DNR totally denies the existence and possibility of those cats in the state.
Field Staff Representative of Bayne's Army Store, Doinker, T.R.U. Ball, Axcel, Bohning, Vapor Trail, Give Em The Shaft Archery, and Grow The Bone
3DBowhunter1972
Button Buck
Button Buck

114.00Points

Return to Predator Hunting