LidCam - Anyone Used It

Need help or have Questions on Setup, How to, tuning, etc... It's all here!

LidCam - Anyone Used It

Postby Bowhunter60 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:30 pm

I recently purchased the Lidcam to document my hunts. Pros: The quality of the video is excellent. The length of battery life is very good. You can get a lot of video on the SD Card (yes, even the stock card). Very easy to use. Cons: Take it to the range and practice with it before you try to document your hunt.

I found this camera is very simple to use and very high quality video for such a low price. I did, however, find it frustrating that I had to find the best possible location on my head for the brim of my hat, determining which degree offset of the lens worked best. But hey, it will be worth it when I catch that arrow going right through the deer.

Anyone have any similar stories? Or does anyone with experience with it have any suggestions?
Be Safe,

Scott
Bowhunter60

2012 Mathews Monster MR8 31" @ 65#
2009 Bear Mauler 31" @ 68#
Carbon Express Mayhem Hunters
Helix 100gr (Sizzle of Death)
TC Hawkins New Englander .50 cal
Kimber Custom II CDP and TLE w/ Rail .45 cal
Bowhunter60
Button Buck
Button Buck

117.00Points

Re: LidCam - Anyone Used It

Postby Decim8r » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:12 pm

I don't use them but I do know a bowhunter(60) that used it while shooting a nice and still couldn't find the deer after 6 hours of searching. Might be time to invest in a bloodhound to find your deer. HEHE!
2012 Mathews Heli-M
2012 PSE Omen Pro special all Black Edition

"I'm all for Wildlife Preservation...use freezer bags!"
Decim8r
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

465.00Points

Postby 3DBowhunter1972 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:42 pm

I havent tried one but am interested in it. I think it would be interesting to say the least. It might even come in useful in 3D archery competition so you could review shots and possibly see bow movement, bad form, poor arrow flight, etc.
Field Staff Representative of Bayne's Army Store, Doinker, T.R.U. Ball, Axcel, Bohning, Vapor Trail, Give Em The Shaft Archery, and Grow The Bone
3DBowhunter1972
Button Buck
Button Buck

114.00Points

Postby Decim8r » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:48 pm

3DBowhunter1972,

The LidCam is a pretty cool. Bowhunter60 is a good friend of mine that I hunt with and used it when he shot his doe that we couldn't find after 6 hours of searching. He was able to use it and see where he shot the doe, but the only issue he had was at full draw the string was a little in the way of the video shot. I would definitely give it a try. It is definitely a smart idea and well worth the money especially if you do not want to have to worry about carrying and setting up a large camera.
2012 Mathews Heli-M

Decim8r
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

465.00Points

Postby Bowhunter60 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:56 pm

I've used it several times now and found the quality of the video to be excellent. My suggestion for anyone contemplating it's use is to get use to it on targets before taking it to the field. The 60 degree setting, 2 clicks of the lens is preferred for bowhunting. What's not mentioned in the sales video is the position of your hat. You will have to play with that a little so you know where your positioned for the best shot capture. That said, it's an inexpensive way to get good solo cam video of your hunts. I'm not at all disappointed with the quality of the video or it's ease of use. Just toy with it a bit so you know your video will have all you want.

BTW Decim8r, thanks for ratting me out brother. HaHa
Be Safe,

Scott
Bowhunter60

2012 Mathews Monster MR8 31" @ 65#
2009 Bear Mauler 31" @ 68#
Carbon Express Mayhem Hunters
Helix 100gr (Sizzle of Death)
TC Hawkins New Englander .50 cal
Kimber Custom II CDP and TLE w/ Rail .45 cal
Bowhunter60
Button Buck
Button Buck

117.00Points

Postby Decim8r » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:00 pm

Bowhunter60 wrote:BTW Decim8r, thanks for ratting me out brother. HaHa

Well, what are friends for and congrats on your new bow. I hope you really enjoy it.
2012 Mathews Heli-M

Decim8r
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

465.00Points

Postby savvyninja » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:08 pm

I looked up the LidCam and saw the video. Having never used it, I still think it's a great idea although from your posts there are obviously some issues with it. In general, it's exciting to see the development and integration of new digital technologies in hunting gear. I've been seeing cameras integrated into scopes as well like the Pulsar Digisight Night Vision Scope but that's a hellof a lot more expensive than the LidCam. These are interesting times we're living in.
savvyninja
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

303.00Points

Return to Technical Archery