Tree stand help

Tips and hints, safety recalls and reviews, from atv's to scopes, if its about the gear, the gear junkies can find it here!

Tree stand help

Postby savingyour6 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:44 pm

hey i ws given a 15 ft ladder stand. so i got it all put together and put it up to the tree in my yard. however i dont know how to attach it properly to the tree. i have it strapped up now, but i dunno, i dont feel comfortable. i am worried that its not up right. and at 15 feet i dont wanna fall. is anyone in SOMD? can someone maybe come over and tell me what to do and show me? i dont know who makes the stand. it came with 4 or 5 straps at different lengths and one is a ratchet strap. i am really puzzled.
"A hunt based on only trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be...time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there." - Fred Bear
savingyour6
200 Class Whitetail
200 Class Whitetail

384.00Points

Re: Tree stand help

Postby oneshott » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:21 pm

Hi Savingyour,
The rachet strap is attached to the seat platform and then around the tree and ratcheted snug. The straps are to stabilize the steps. Don't quote me exactly, but I believe the straps are to also be attached to the seat area, crisss crossed, looped through the steps half way up, then tied snug around the bottom of the tree. However, I would reccommend going on youtube, search, how to set up a ladder stand, and watch some videos.
oneshott
Button Buck
Button Buck

30.00Points

Postby savingyour6 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:11 pm

awesome thanks
"A hunt based on only trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be...time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there." - Fred Bear
savingyour6
200 Class Whitetail
200 Class Whitetail

384.00Points

Postby oneshott » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:20 am

savingyour6 wrote:awesome thanks

How are you doing with your ladder stand set up?
oneshott
Button Buck
Button Buck

30.00Points

Postby savvyninja » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:54 pm

This thread is a bit old but still valuable. How did it go securing your tree stand? Now that you've had it for a while you must feel more comfortable using it, right? Also, I think using youtube to gather info on using your tree stand properly is a great idea. Did you do that?
savvyninja
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

303.00Points

Return to Gear and Equipment