new gun

Tips and hints, safety recalls and reviews, from atv's to scopes, if its about the gear, the gear junkies can find it here!

new gun

Postby egoslin11 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:22 pm

im getting a new gun. i usually hunt deer with my uncles shotgun but its time for me to get my own gun. im looking at rifle that i could hunt deer and coyotes. im looking for a used gun and i wanted one for around $300. i prefer semi auto but if i get a bolt i'd need it to be left handed. just wondering what your opinion on name brand and calibre.
egoslin11
Button Buck
Button Buck

15.00Points

Re: new gun

Postby savvyninja » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:21 am

You have a huge range of guns to choose from so it's hard to suggest anything given the limited information you've given. Still, I can suggest this online store for cheap clips in general.
savvyninja
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

303.00Points

Re: new gun

Postby egoslin11 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:28 am

well i hunt deer in a tree stand and the longest shot i could safely get is maybe 250 yds. theres a lot of brush so if i take a long shot i risk getting the bullet hitting something and deflecting the bullet. when i coyote hunt i usually sit 5 to 10 yards into the woods looking over a field my longest shot there is probably 400 to 500 yards. i want something that will have a quick kill so the animal doesnt suffer but i want to ruin as less i can and i dont wanna ruin the pelt on coytes.
egoslin11
Button Buck
Button Buck

15.00Points

Return to Gear and Equipment