Why do you hunt predators?

Everything Predator...

Why do you hunt predators?

Postby savingyour6 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:46 am

i have nothing against those that hunt predators, short of animals killing domestic animals though i have never hunted them. in my 16 years of hunting iv killed one fox that was rabid and very aggressive, and about 3 yotes that where all attacking chicken coops. iv never hunted them just to hunt them. what do you do with the meat? is it only the pelts that you go after. my yotes the farmer took, and the fox i took home to show dad and then we buried it in the back yard. but if you cant eat them, they aren't destroying livestock, and you dont do anything with the pelts, why hunt them? id like to go hunting for yotes or something again.... really dont wanna hunt foxes... but coons and opossums and yotes.... haven't seen any lions in Maryland yet. guess i was just not brought up hunting them. so i dont know the purpose of it. if its just for sport and you let the animal in the woods, then i'll pass on the hunt. but if you use them thats cool and id be all for it.
"A hunt based on only trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be...time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there." - Fred Bear
savingyour6
200 Class Whitetail
200 Class Whitetail

384.00Points

Re: Why do you hunt predators?

Postby ChrtruseMajic » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:59 pm

Well I am thinking that there are a lot of people that don't do anything with the predators that they kill. Some may tan the skins or mount one, but I am thinking it is more of getting rid of something that will kill the species they are actually interested in. More of a culling action.
Good Hunting,
Steve (aka) Whitt

Mathews Z7 Xtreme #60 29"
Beretta Extrema II 28" Barrel
Beretta 1975 OverUnder 30" Barrel
Marlin .22
Smith & Wesson M&P .45
ChrtruseMajic
190 Class Typical Whitetail
190 Class Typical Whitetail

306.00Points

Postby Ladybowhunter » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:10 am

my son loves to yotee hunt, raccons, are a problem here also..
Ladybowhunter
140 Class Whitetail
140 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby riverhog » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:14 am

i operate a depredation service , mainly we take predators because of the toll they take on young calves and baby sheep, coons become a problem during harvest time, hogs are included for the devistation they cause on fields and crops.
Terry Patrick
riverhog
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Return to Predator Hunting