Lets get to know everyone!

Forum for Women in the Hunting World, Welcome to All...

hello

Postby cgferguson » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:55 am

My name is Ginger, 34 year old mother of 2 boys, and from va. I have been bow huting for 4 years.I have a Parker Challenger.I have gotten a deer for the last three years. Friday the 13 Oct. 2006 i shot my first buck ,a 3 pointer but big body.My boys age 9 and 11 got thier first real bow this year they ar pearson for youth. My husband shoots a Matthew switchback and enjoys bow hunting the best.Glad to see a forum for women hunters
http://upload4.postimage.org/1474503/photo_hosting.htmlImage
Last edited by cgferguson on Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
cgferguson
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby Daisy » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:50 pm

hey everyone! I'm a lady hunter. But my passion is coonhunting. Been at it for about 3 years now. I planned on going deer hunting this year, even bought a rifle, but then I moved to MD and you need shotgun, so looks like I will be skipping it again this year.
Katie Kindley
Coon Hunters Do It All Night
Daisy
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby booker81 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:45 pm

Hey, I'm Jen from MI. I'm 25, and have been hunting for 9 years. That was because I finally had a boyfriend that would let me learn and taught me a bit about hunting - my family doesn't hunt, though they have prime hunting land - they would lease it to a hunt club.

After a couple years, they let me hunt with the club, and those guys taught me a LOT! Awesome mentors - I think they were more excited when I shot my first deer than I was, though it's hard to imagine :D

I have been seeing a guy for almost a year now who has introduced me to duck and goose hunting, and I love it. I still love deer and turkey hunting, and though I don't think I can match Jordieann, I think I'm getting pretty darn good. I called for my boyfriend last spring, and on mistake managed to call the tom INTO the blind. He took a 5 foot shot and had to shoot again once it got to 20 yards. I also managed to shoot my first bow-turkey this fall. We have a lot of turkey where I hunt, so I've been "practicing" with them just mimicing with my voice, and it's getting better.

My folks do lay claim to a large portion of the meat I shoot, though, but I don't mind :Very Happy:

This year, I will be taking my best friend out hunting for her first time. I'm also talking with another friend to set up a youth event to help kids get into hunting.

Go ladies! :Very Happy:
A person who makes no mistakes usually does not make anything.
booker81
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

New here.

Postby countrygirlxi » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:50 pm

Im jill im new to this site. pretty cool tho! Ive been hunting for a few years now down in south florida and i just recently moved to east TN. I work at bass pro shops i sell guns in the hunting dept. i love it. just wanted to say hey an dintroduce myself! :)
countrygirlxi
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby NEgirl » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:33 pm

Im Jen and have been along hunting whitetails my whole life however this is my first year bowhunting. The rut is about to begin, so Im getting pretty excited to get one down.
I may be taking up coonhunting this year as well. I have had more run ins with them since in a new stand location and they seem to want to come in the tree with me and Im terrified of them.
NEgirl
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Hi - I'm from Mississippi

Postby mariandeer » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:36 pm

I'm a deer huntress from Vicksburg, Mississippi and I'm 67 years young and the mother of four daughters....Theresa, Kathleen, Debra and Marian Suzanne, Suzy. Kathleen "Kathy" is the only daughter that hunts. A step-son Greg (hunter) and a step-daughter Karen. I have 8 grandchildren and 6 step-grandchildren and blessed with two great grandsons. I have three grandsons that are hunters. I have hunted with all three and it was such a bonding experience.

My 2nd husband, Bob, taught me all about deer hunting while we were dating. I would go with him to hunt and then one day I said, I CAN DO THIS!!! At age 45 I had never shot a gun and my first deer, I had a 6 pt. on the ground within 5 mins. The following weekend I had another buck on the ground!!! We've had 23 years of hunting experiences and memories together.

He's my hunting buddy!
:Very Happy: :Very Happy: :Very Happy: :Very Happy:
~A Dixie Lady Deer Hunter~
http://marianladyhunter.com
mariandeer
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby NEgirl » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:26 pm

This was my first year hunting with a bow. Ive been tagging along with the boys for 4-5 years and now got the nerve to do it. I have a Bowtech Edge Diamond. Next year I may give the rifle a try. My husband is still trying to get me to muzzleload yet this year, we'll see.
NEgirl
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Re: Lets get to know everyone!

Postby MidnightAngel » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:39 pm

Looks like this post need to be bumped up some, so I bumped it up. I've been hunting religously for about 15-16 years now. The hubby got me more into it, he comes from a large hunting family. We got skunked during rifle season, but still have hopes for the rest of bow season. Good Luck to everyone.
MidnightAngel
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby Ladybowhunter » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:22 pm

Teresa from Missouri, been bow hunting for 25 years now, love it, learned alot, started just following my husband to the woods, then bought a bow, then started 3d shoots, then hunting...Im hooked...I go by myself most of the time, but Im always sure to tell people where I am hunting, just incase, cell service is bad in most of the woods, incase of an accident...I have taken many deer, and some bucks, But I am a meat hunter, so does are fine with me...I try to take one early season, just to prove I can hit something, I hunt every chance I get, about 5 -7 days a week, mostly evening hunts, I work days...we have a deer camp, we go every weekend..and I hunt my land during the week...love it....
Ladybowhunter
140 Class Whitetail
140 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby Ladybowhunter » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:23 pm

Should of said, Im a bowhunter, a wife and a mother of 3...I shoot a Hoyt...
Ladybowhunter
140 Class Whitetail
140 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Previous

Return to Women Hunters