Getting Started Reloading...

Techniques for Reloading, Loads, Equipment, etc... Bullets are getting expensive, save by reloading

Getting Started Reloading...

Postby BowtechBoy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:39 pm

I have been considering starting to do some reloading... Bullet prices have gone through the roof, I cannot believe what a box of bullets costs now...

So anyone got recommendations on how someone can get into reloading...? Looking to reload some .223 and maybe some 7mm...
Bowtech = Fast Death From Above!
BowtechBoy
140 Class Whitetail
140 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby 700 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:04 pm

First get yourself a good Rcbs Press.Or buy the entire kit with the press,reloading manual,scale,the kits come with everything you need to get started.

Read the front section of the reloading manual,okay READ it again.SAFETY SAFETY.I have been reloading for about 20 years or so.Yes its cheaper to load your own.You can also do your own custom loads,which is what I do .I load for accuracy and for hunting ammo.
The best thing about reloading is you can load what you want and not have to depend on commercial ammo.I shoot fire formed brass for target shooting and for deer/hog hunting.

Once you buy the basic stuff,everything is pretty cheap to load after that.Right now there is a big drop on supply of bullets and powder and primers,one reason is the war,but the main reason is because of the NUT in the whitehouse.Good luck with whatever you decide to do,if ya need help,I will be here.
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby BowtechBoy » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:25 pm

Hey 700... Thanks for the info... I will look into buying the whole rig, sounds like the best way to get started... No since having just pieces of what you need...

I assume that RCBS is a brand..??
BowtechBoy
140 Class Whitetail
140 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby Southern Man » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:04 pm

Yea RCBS is a good brand. Don't skimp on the press...or the dies. I couldn't agree more with 700. Safety is paramount. Pay attention to every detail. You'll be suprised at what you can do with the ammo for a specific gun. Makes for some good fun at the range too.
We can't continue to do the same things over and over and expect different results
Southern Man
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby nalley1952 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:08 pm

I've got a complete set I'll sell you. I've even got some .223 dies and probably some powder and primers. Are you in MD?
nalley1952
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

3.00Points

Postby BowtechBoy » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:20 pm

Actually I've already ordered a few things... Thanks though!!
BowtechBoy
140 Class Whitetail
140 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby quigleysharps4570 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:22 pm

Update? Just curious to see if you got started.
quigleysharps4570
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby grm » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:02 pm

I have been reloading for years now and I find myself reloading with a single hand loader more than I do with my progressive loader. I like to take my time and load everyone like it is the only one I have. when I was shooting in competition I liked using my progressive loader because you can make them more faster. Whats nice about a single loader is just about anyone can afford it. As the above posters said Safety is the most important thing to remember. Keep us informed.
grm
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Return to Reloading