WANNA NIGHT HUNT YOTES AFTER BUCK SEASON!

Everything Predator...

Postby Smitty8105 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:12 pm

I just wish we could hunt for ANYTHING at night!
Smitty8105
180 Class Whitetail
180 Class Whitetail

103.00Points

Postby cuppedwings » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:18 pm

I have never hunted for anything at night. I am looking forward to it this year. It will be new and different. I was thinking about getting one of the primos hundred yard spot lights that mount to the scope. I just can't see me using a hand held spot light and trying to work the call buttons and the light and the gun!
visit us at www.milonajoenterprises.com use coupon code HuntOnly for special HuntOnly.com savings
cuppedwings
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby SJohnson » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:18 pm

Bobcat would be awesome... They had them in South Carolina when I was down there hunting a few years ago... That is probably one hard animal to kill, thats for sure...
SJohnson
U.H.B. Life Member
U.H.B. Life Member

99.00Points

Postby Smitty8105 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:22 pm

Mu uncle has a full body mount of one he shot 5 years ago on our property! The sure look bad ass for sure!

That sounds pretty cool with the spot light on the gun itself. We can go shining for deer with a spot light but only at certain times of the year, and never during deer season!

SO i don't have any experience with night hunting, other than bowfishing with we can do at night!
Smitty8105
180 Class Whitetail
180 Class Whitetail

103.00Points

Postby adaye » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:19 pm

In reference to the spot light mounted to the scope, I've purchased two different primos models. Actually primos bought out the company that was producing them a year or so ago i believe.

I have bought two of the 350yard models, both of which broke rather quickly. Just stopped working.

The mid range one has treated me well for a couple years now. Its a must have when hunting by yourself with a rifle. You may be able to manage with a small handheld with a shotgun.

As far as hand helds I don't think the big powerful lights are neccesary. 1million candle power or less will do fine. I think when your light is to powerful and the animal is close they can get a little spoked even with the red lens.

Your not going to be taken super long shots at night anyway and you'd be surprised how well the eyes shine even with the dimest of lights.
If guns kill people then pencils mis spell words..
Hoyt Alpha Max 35 29" @65#
60" Checkmate Recurve 49# @ 28"
Benelli Super Black Eagle 24" Barrel
H&R 20ga. Ultra Slug Gun
CVA Optima Pro 45cal.
adaye
220 Class Non-Typical Whitetail

15.00Points

predaror hunting

Postby rowdy boy buckshot » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:54 am

True adaye, the brighter the light... the farther out they well hold up. We hunt foxes around here like it's a regular everyday job. Just make sure you always carry a spare light. We were hunting fox one night just as our batteries were dying. We saw a set of eyes coming in and my buddied said shoot quick. I heard the thud from my 22mag. We ran down in the corn field..I hit it acrossed the back, at a pretty good distance.I wanted to shoot it in the head, but he was told to stand on their chest and suffacate them by some old trapper. He tried. That thing turned into a pit bull. He screamed get it off! I dropped my gun and had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. He finally crushed it's head with his other boot. After inspecting his bloody foot his wife made him go get rabie shoots. I had shot a fox two days before that at the same spot with mange real bad. They had the fox tested and it came back neg. He gets mad at me every time I tell that story at his archery shop. Remember... this all took place under the moon light. TAKE EXTRA LIGHTS!
rowdy boy buckshot
Button Buck
Button Buck

6.00Points

Postby rowdy boy buckshot » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:05 am

One other thing.... watch out for owls. Man they are every where around here. Endandered my butt. You start calling and they swoop over your head... It makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck. You can move a 1/2 mile acrossed the field, as soon as you start calling there it is again right above you. I've read stories that tell you to never look at an owl. They go for the whites of the eye when they go after a rabbit. The stories told of hunters getting clawed in the side of the face. Once you look at their claws .... you know that can't be good. Once they hear that rabbit call.... their belly goes into over time. I only had one time we made a squirrel mad. It was around mid night. Everytime we started to call, it would come down the tree and chatter and squeal at us. I guess he needed his rest. I wish now I would have had a video of it.
rowdy boy buckshot
Button Buck
Button Buck

6.00Points

Postby adaye » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:34 am

I can't second that on close calls with owls. Had more than one swoop past or go after the caller. Gets your attention quick.
If guns kill people then pencils mis spell words..
Hoyt Alpha Max 35 29" @65#
60" Checkmate Recurve 49# @ 28"
Benelli Super Black Eagle 24" Barrel
H&R 20ga. Ultra Slug Gun
CVA Optima Pro 45cal.
adaye

15.00Points

Previous

Return to Predator Hunting