New to goose calling and need help!

Waterfowl Hunting, Ducks, Geese, Blinds, Boats, Shotguns, anything to do with Waterfowl here.

New to goose calling and need help!

Postby Whitetail hunter » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:52 pm

I can basically make a honk, cluck, moan, hail call ,and comeback call but i'm not sure how to use them in the field. I plan on hunting near a big dugout where geese always come. I need tov know do you have to mix calls like the moan, cluck ,and honk together or can you just do a cluck, honk or moan by itself? also when would you use each?
Whitetail hunter
Button Buck
Button Buck

69.00Points

Re: New to goose calling and need help!

Postby ChrtruseMajic » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:33 pm

Well part of knowing how to call is calling yourself and seeing what the geese like and don't like in different situations. Obviously, this takes time and can make for a really long season if your learning curve doesn't crest in a timely manner. There are several dvd's and cd's out that can help you with your calling. There is a dvd called Bad Grammer which is really good and anything by Sean Mann is good too. I am not going to go into too much detail about how to use each call for what situation, but if you really want me to, send me a private message and we can discuss everything further. Where do you live too cause if you are close, we can have a private instructional session. That goes for anyone else interested in duck and goose calling. Cut un is another member who knows a lot about waterfowl hunting. He can help too. I live in Norther VA. Hope this helps some. Which call are you using?
Good Hunting,
Steve (aka) Whitt

Mathews Z7 Xtreme #60 29"
Beretta Extrema II 28" Barrel
Beretta 1975 OverUnder 30" Barrel
Marlin .22
Smith & Wesson M&P .45
ChrtruseMajic
190 Class Typical Whitetail
190 Class Typical Whitetail

306.00Points

Re: New to goose calling and need help!

Postby savvyninja » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:14 pm

Are you using any kind of calls? If not, you might consider adding one to your hunting equipment.
savvyninja
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

303.00Points

Return to Waterfowl Hunting