need some help

Post any info you have on New Laws being passed that will help or Hurt our Sport and details on who needs to be contacted accordingly... This is Important...

need some help

Postby savingyour6 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:15 pm

ok guys and gals. so i posted up a picture of my deer from the other day. i was confronted by a person stating that what i did was horrific and that they are such beautiful animals... now before i post what my reply was, this person is a family member, and is not affiliated with PETA or any of those organizations.... that i know of.... and i was not blowing smoke out my rear.... this was my reply

they are, actually they are one of my favorite animals to study. i watch so many of of them all the time, i love to watch them and to learn about them. i truly respect them as a animal. and they are not at all easy to hunt. these particular deer happen to be from an airport though, and the deer herd numbers somewhere around 60 deer strong. and they walk onto the landing strip and have cause several planes to advert and in the last few years 2 pilots have actually been injured from deer strikes and the plane "crashing" in the field. so i am thinning the herd out. the deer where quickly put down, and never knew what hit them. all 3 shots where one shot kills and deer just dropped. the deer deserve a good ethical clean shot. and i did just that. the deer also will not be going to waste and will feed not only my family but several other families as well. the deer that i dont have processed for myself i give to hunters feeding the hungry where they are used to feed needy families in the community. im sorry that the images disturb you, however i ensure you that i mean no disrespect to you nor the animals.

now what i want to know is was this a good response, could you get my point from this? would this be considered being an ignorant hunter response? iv really never been faced with a anti hunting statement that i felt came from a serious person.... i ensure you that she was serious.
"A hunt based on only trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be...time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there." - Fred Bear
savingyour6
200 Class Whitetail
200 Class Whitetail

384.00Points

Re: need some help

Postby ChrtruseMajic » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:27 pm

I think that was a perfect response. I don't know what else you could have told her to make her understand. Did she give you $h!t even after that response, or did she leave you alone and take your point of view? Unfortunately, you are going to find people that can't be convinced one way or the other because they already have it set in their mind that they are right. I have been encountered by those people before too and it sucks to say the least. All you can do is pose your side of the story, explain the legality and the ethics behind it and then leave them on their way.

I think you did fine with that and I don't think you should worry about it anymore. I know that it is a family member, but I don't think you should lose sleep over it. I know I wouldn't. Plus, you will be eating ten times better than she will be and you should have a sense of satisfaction because you killed the animal that you are eating.

Good on ya! Keep your head up and don't ever stop hunting and conserving.
Good Hunting,
Steve (aka) Whitt

Mathews Z7 Xtreme #60 29"
Beretta Extrema II 28" Barrel
Beretta 1975 OverUnder 30" Barrel
Marlin .22
Smith & Wesson M&P .45
ChrtruseMajic
190 Class Typical Whitetail

306.00Points

Postby savingyour6 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:44 pm

yeah this was her reply: ‎"clean, quick kills..." Sounds so clinical and heartless! Maybe when we are overpopulating the cities someone will put a bullet between our eyes.

and this was my reply: Tiffany, its sounds clinical because well it is... I spend countless hours researching the newest arrow or broadhead, or bullet or shell... seeing which one performs the best and is the most reliable and most accurate. then on top of that the many hours I spend at the range or in my yard shooting and practicing and getting my aim down and my sights perfect. I shoot a 1 inch or less group at 50 yds with my shotgun and I shoot a 2 inch group at 35 yds with my bow.... when a deer comes into my range, and if I decided to take that animal. believe me the deer watcher Jason is gone and the shooter is there. I have to control my breathing, try to control my heart rate and move slowly and quietly without being seen not just by the target but by anything else close enough to see, I make my shot and ready the gun or bow for a second. I aim for a single hair to shoot. and I know, without a doubt where that round is going to go. not because I want it to, but because I have practiced, and worked hard and trained. it may seem cold, but its something that every deer hunter should do. push all else aside and focus on that one split second. I don’t want to hurt an animal with a bad shot. where it runs off and dies and is never recovered. I want to make a one shot kill. I want to put that animal down quick. as for your statement of people overpopulating cities.... I do believe that they are growing too fast... and I do think something should be done... shooting people would not be the answer, and not if for any other reason as it would cause chaos.... and yes people have been expanding into the country that animals have been living and now there are more and more animal/human confrontation.... its a double edge sword, we need to move out... the animals get pushed and then learn to adapt to the humans for food and shelter... and they adapt too well and now overpopulate the city themselves.... its not fair to the animals to have them half starving cause of lack of food due to the environment around them can't sustain the population. we made the problem and now we are using hunting as a mean of assisting with the control of that problem. hunting provides so much for the local economy and for conserving the resources that we hunt... as much as an evil as you may think of hunters they help raise more money to ensure a healthy, sustained, and diverse population of all animals. from re-introducing extinct animals to putting tight restrictions on other animals to preserve them.... hunters do more for the environment than most will believe.... and I’m not trying to sway you into liking hunting... its your opinion. however I am letting my opinion, backed by facts, also be known.... and I am also not standing up for the idiot or illegal hunters.... they are not true ethical responsible hunters..... and I myself would be willing to bag them and have them put away for the rest of their life... they can with a single act destroy many years of trust, and hard earned respect.... hope you can at least see some of my point of view: we are not all dumb backwards rednecks without a care in the world at what we are shooting at nor the consequences that pulling the trigger may bring. Nor are we uneducated, irresponsible, gun slinging, kill everything with no remorse jackass's.... if you want to agree to disagree that’s fine.... as I said its your opinion.... besides your family.... and I wouldn’t want this ever to interfere or come between that bond.

she has not replied back to that.... so i guess either she is not gonna read it, or read it and just decided to leave it alone....
"A hunt based on only trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be...time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there." - Fred Bear
savingyour6
200 Class Whitetail
200 Class Whitetail

384.00Points

Postby ChrtruseMajic » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:56 pm

Well you did your best. Your damned if you do and damned if you don't. I say your on the right track. Good luck with that.
Good Hunting,
Steve (aka) Whitt

Mathews Z7 Xtreme #60 29"
Beretta Extrema II 28" Barrel
Beretta 1975 OverUnder 30" Barrel
Marlin .22
Smith & Wesson M&P .45
ChrtruseMajic

306.00Points

Return to Hunting Laws and Protecting our Sport