HUNT ONLY PIG HUNT

Everything Hogs...

HUNT ONLY PIG HUNT

Postby txbowhunter » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:00 pm

Okay folks I want to set up a hog hunt here in Texas for HuntOnly forum members. I have no dates or prices, I first want to know how many members would be interested in doing this.

For non residents - all that is needed is a 5 day non resident exotic license which is 45.00 as well as Proof of a hunter safety education course.

I will be looking for a place that provides lodging and meals - a minimum of two days (Sat.&Sun.) with a minimum 1 hog per day.

Date range I am looking at is July - Sept

If you are interested please PM saying so and please include the max price you would be willing to pay to go kill some pigs.

As soon as I see that there is interest in this I will begin looking for a place for us all to go kill some pigs.
Well the first man comes along that can read Latin is welcome to rob us, far as I'm concerned. I'd like a chance t' shoot at a educated man once in my life.

Evotek Impact 28" @ 65#
txbowhunter
180 Class Whitetail
180 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

First Annual HuntOnly Hog Hunt

Postby txbowhunter » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:14 am

Here is the deal Folks

Pedernal Bowhunts
Laguna Ranch - 8000 acres free range
South Texas
http://www.pedernalbowhunts.com/ranch-profiles.htm

125.00 per day/ 2 day minnimum

2 javelina (state law) / 3 Hogs

11 Hunters Limit

Bow only

Prospective Dates -
July 28,29 2007
Aug 25,26 2007
Sept 29,30 2007

50% deposit due

Hunting during day and night
Well the first man comes along that can read Latin is welcome to rob us, far as I'm concerned. I'd like a chance t' shoot at a educated man once in my life.

Evotek Impact 28" @ 65#
txbowhunter
180 Class Whitetail
180 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby txbowhunter » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:56 pm

Okay folks here is the deal I just got off the phone with Jerry Gonzales the owner of Pedernal Bowhunts - the dates in July and August are still available.

Members who have confirmed:
txbowhunter
buckfever
SJohnson

Tentative:
Stew2012
c fish
florida cracker

If anyone else would like to join on this hunt please reply to this post stating so.

ArkansasDon - you up for another trip to Texas?

I am working on getting someone to come down there and cook for us - she is a great cook by the way.

Recommended Gear:
Food, drinks, plenty of water, ice
Flagging tape to mark blood trails
Large trash bags/Ziploc bags
Tripods or ground blinds
Rope for game retrieval
Snake boots or chaps
Flashlights/batteries
Spotlight for tracking
Bedding/bath linens - sleeping bag
Mosquito repellant
2 way radios
Ice chests - those that dont want to keep the meat can donate it to Texas' Hunters for the Hungry Program - additional info can be found here : http://www.tacaa.org/HFTHhome.htm
Tweezers
Camera
Corn

DEPOSITS
Deposits will be due by the 23 Feb. We need to have a group of at least 7 before booking.

For those that will be flying in the closest airport will be Laredo International Airport - the only airlines that fly into LIA are Allegiant Air - Continental - and American Eagle

The link below shows the airlines that fly out of San Antonio International which is the second closest airport
http://www.sanantonio.gov/aviation/airlines.asp

Both airports have rental car agencies

I have tried to provide as much info as I can; if anyone has any questions for me dont hesitate to ask - if anyone would like to get in touch with Jerry himself his number is 956-645-2775
Last edited by txbowhunter on Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Evotek Impact 28" @ 65#
txbowhunter
180 Class Whitetail
180 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby ArkansasDon » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:06 am

TX, I sure would like to. I've done 2 hog hunts for 2006, and I know its 2007 but I'm makin some big , very big changes now. I 'm shuting down my contracting business after 22 years and gettin in to something I've been thinking on seriously. I've put a very, very large amount of money down and barrowed a large amount too from the bank. It's involving the Hunting Industry. Thats all I can say about the new business for now. My wife Sally wants me out of being a licensed contractor do to my knees are starting to give me some problems, but some othem problems were caused by my younger days rodeoing, but painting base boards and sanding and workin on my knees without pads dont help much either.
I'll have to pass for now on the hog hunt as much as I would like to go but I have to say focus. I had another hog hunt to go to this year and was able to push that back til next year.
Arkansas Bowhunters Association Life Member
Sponsor/Supporter of Women in the Outdoors
Owner/Operator of Camo Solutions: Authorized Licensed User of Mossy Oak Camo
Hunt Only Moderator
ArkansasDon
140 Class Whitetail
140 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby txbowhunter » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:08 am

I understand - got too keep priorities in line - good luck with your new endeavor - well see you in 2008 then.

Evotek Impact 28" @ 65#
txbowhunter
180 Class Whitetail
180 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby Holecek » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:05 am

I am really considering this.
300 dollars i can do.
i will just need to find some money for airfare.
i will keep you posted
i will be working my butt off. this is a great deal.
Holecek
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby txbowhunter » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:02 pm

I should have edited the post earlier but this will be a 3 day hunt to provide more time for those traveling from farther away - the deposit is still 50% which will be 188 then the other 188 due upon arrival at the ranch. So the days are Fri-Sat-Sun so the extra day was added on the front end.

If anyone has any questions in regards to this change please let me know.

Thanks

Chris

Evotek Impact 28" @ 65#
txbowhunter
180 Class Whitetail
180 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Return to Hogs