How Do I Hunt It?

Discussion on Bowhunting, Share Stories and Pictures. Ask Questions and share in the knowledge of fellow Bowhunters.

How Do I Hunt It?

Postby bowhunter32 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:19 pm

Hey guys. I got a picture of HUGE buck. Im wantin to hunt it but there are some difficulties. I made a big ground blind over a small 25 by 25 yard food plot thats next to a 5 acre wheat field. There are trees pretty much surrounding the field except one opening where the tractor and truck can get in. This acts as a funnel for the deer who come into that area. I have been baiting it with corn and soon will add acorns. How ever, the feild is next to a road. This road isnt travled much. But the deer choose to bed on the other side in that property and come to my field just after dark. Im hoping that the food plot and acorns will change that. How would yall hunt it? Thanks
bowhunter32
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

288.00Points

Re: How Do I Hunt It?

Postby PSE Deathstalker » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:00 am

Just put your time in out in the field (your stand) when they start rutting a monster buck looking for love can at time throw caution to the wind. Just put your time in and he'll show up, if not putting in your time will still bring in some good deer. Good luck. Remember if he's a monster now chances are he'll be a tank next year ;)
PSE Stinger 3G Skullworks Camo
Mossberg 500 Mossy Oak Edition 12 Gauge
Ruger LCP 380
PSE Deathstalker
Button Buck
Button Buck

105.00Points

Postby Poppy » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:03 pm

bowhunter32 wrote:Hey guys. I got a picture of HUGE buck. Im wantin to hunt it but there are some difficulties. I made a big ground blind over a small 25 by 25 yard food plot thats next to a 5 acre wheat field. There are trees pretty much surrounding the field except one opening where the tractor and truck can get in. This acts as a funnel for the deer who come into that area. I have been baiting it with corn and soon will add acorns. How ever, the feild is next to a road. This road isnt travled much. But the deer choose to bed on the other side in that property and come to my field just after dark. Im hoping that the food plot and acorns will change that. How would yall hunt it? Thanks

If you are sure of his routes to the bedding areas, you might try to set up on him before light and catch him heading to bed. Now once the rut starts all bets are off because bucks get crazy then. As for feeding, in Va. we have to pull all feeders Sept.1, so that wouldn't help much here. Hope you get him. Have a safe season.
Poppy
140 Class Whitetail
140 Class Whitetail

66.00Points

Postby ChrtruseMajic » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:30 am

I would agree that you should put your time in the stand. You never know when he will slip up. One day he may take the trail wide cause he smells something different, he may see a doe and go a different direction, you never know. You have to sit up there and see what you see. You know he is in the area, so I would not be shy about getting into the stand. Just make sure that he doesn't know that you are there. The second he knows you are around, he will be gone. Good luck and be safe.
Good Hunting,
Steve (aka) Whitt

Mathews Z7 Xtreme #60 29"
Beretta Extrema II 28" Barrel
Beretta 1975 OverUnder 30" Barrel
Marlin .22
Smith & Wesson M&P .45
ChrtruseMajic
190 Class Typical Whitetail
190 Class Typical Whitetail

306.00Points

Return to Bowhunting