Grim Reapers

Tips and hints, safety recalls and reviews, from atv's to scopes, if its about the gear, the gear junkies can find it here!

Grim Reapers

Postby Bowhunter60 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:01 am

Anyone have any experience using the Grim Reaper broad heads? I looked at them yesterday at my local archery store. I was pretty impressed at the mechanics of these expandable's. I like the idea of an expandable for several reasons. However, reliable expansion just always seems to be the issue for me. That's why I like the Bloodrunners; whether you get expansion or not, you're going to get a good hole in your game.
Be Safe,

Scott
Bowhunter60

2012 Mathews Monster MR8 31" @ 65#
2009 Bear Mauler 31" @ 68#
Carbon Express Mayhem Hunters
Helix 100gr (Sizzle of Death)
TC Hawkins New Englander .50 cal
Kimber Custom II CDP and TLE w/ Rail .45 cal
Bowhunter60
Button Buck
Button Buck

117.00Points

Re: Grim Reapers

Postby Decim8r » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:19 am

Never shot Grim Reapers and as you know, I like my fixed blades for it takes one less possibility of having a failure while shooting at game. I looked at Steve's new broadhead that he just got in from Strickland's Archery. It looks like it wouldn't work or do much but man that broad head destroyed his Big Green Target. I think they are called Helix's or something like that. Those are a nasty 2blade fixed broadhead. I still like my Muzzy's hard to give up something that works. It is all in the eye of the beholder. Go with what works for you.
2012 Mathews Heli-M
2012 PSE Omen Pro special all Black Edition

"I'm all for Wildlife Preservation...use freezer bags!"
Decim8r
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

465.00Points

Re: Grim Reapers

Postby savvyninja » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:23 pm

I've never used them personally but I have seen them at archery supplies. They look vicious. Wasp and NAP both make a similar design.
savvyninja
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

303.00Points

Return to Gear and Equipment