First Bow

Forum for Women in the Hunting World, Welcome to All...

First Bow

Postby huntradar » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:49 pm

Just purchased my first bow today. I have no intentions of hunting with it for awhile, but would love any suggestions or pointers. I'm really sore already and have a little bruise that I'm actually proud of. I love the way it feels and I can't wait till the sun comes tomorrow, so I can hit the target again! :) ---Huntergirl
huntradar
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Re: First Bow

Postby ChrtruseMajic » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:36 pm

Just checking to see how that bow is treating you? What kind of bow did you get? Have you started hunting with it? I am glad to see that you are excited to shoot it. Although you probably already know you shouldn't have a bruise on your arm (your holding it wrong) I am glad to see that you are out there shooting it anyways. Good luck with it.
Good Hunting,
Steve (aka) Whitt

Mathews Z7 Xtreme #60 29"
Beretta Extrema II 28" Barrel
Beretta 1975 OverUnder 30" Barrel
Marlin .22
Smith & Wesson M&P .45
ChrtruseMajic
190 Class Typical Whitetail
190 Class Typical Whitetail

306.00Points

Postby MidnightAngel » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:27 pm

Your first bow? Cool, mine is my first one too. I've had it for a little over two years, and finally got to use it this season up here in Michigan. Now, if I could just get my fat butt up a tree stand, I might stand a better chance at getting one...lol
MidnightAngel
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby Ladybowhunter » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:33 pm

Yes you will be sore, just keep on practiceing, you will ready in know time. I have seen girls buy bows, shoot it for a few months, get your poundage up, and get accurate, and killed a deer the first season out...Good luck, don't get discourage, you can do this...if you miss an animal brush it off, keep trying, even the best of the best miss...good luck, keep us posted..Teresa
Ladybowhunter
140 Class Whitetail
140 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby savvyninja » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:30 am

If your arm hurts just keep practicing to build muscle and stamina. If you have space where you live you might consider buying an archery target to help you practice.
savvyninja
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

303.00Points

Return to Women Hunters