Don't forget about your Best Friend and Hunting Partner!!!!!

Bird Dog Discussion... Waterfowl Dogs, Pointers, and the rest meet here...

Don't forget about your Best Friend and Hunting Partner!!!!!

Postby Duck » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:54 am

This coming Saturday, Sept. 1, marks the opening of the hunting season for much of the U.S. Many of us are excited to finally get out there and shoot some resident geese or maybe sit on a field edge and bag a few doves. Keep one thing in mind if you hunt with a dog. Be sure to keep an eye on them. They can succumb to the heat rather quickly. Make sure you take plenty of water with you as well. Not just for yourself, but for them as well. I myself have three black Labs that will be joining me on my adventures on Saturday. The great lengths that I must go to to accomodate the safety of my hunting companions is well worth the effort. Here in Maryland its going to be a beautiful weekend with temps ranging from the low to mid 60's in the morning to the low to mid 80's by afternoon. Just remember that your dog doesn't have sweat glands and can overheat very quickly. Their body is already at over 100 degrees and when you add in their physical exertion their temperatures can rise rapidly. So, just remember to take along plenty of water this weekend and take care of your hunting buddy, I'm sure they'd do the same for you. Good luck to all. :glad:
Evotec Impact 70# 28" draw
Easton LightSpeed 400's w/ 85gr Thunderheads (27", 333.8grains total)
QAD Ultra Rest
TruGlo Ultra Extreme Brite Sight w/.019"Fibers
TruFire Hurricane Release

Shoot Straight, Shoot Often, and Party On!!!
-Duck
Duck
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby -MAGNUM- » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:21 pm

Dove season startin Saturday at 12 for me. Good luck to everyone
Silverado Z71 5.3
Kodiak 400 4x4
Rhino 660 4x4
Yamaha YZ400F (Beastly Dirt Bike) For Sale
U.S. Army
Yeah, I might be found dead in a ditch one day, but I promise there will be shot brass scatered all around me.
-Zach
-MAGNUM-
140 Class Whitetail
140 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby Yellerdawg » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:12 am

Duck, I know what you mean. I carry so much stuff with me to keep Skeet, my yellow lab, satisfied that I've started using a two wheel cart to carry the cooler, seat and gun to my shooting site. If it was up to Skeet....he'd probably have me put a floorboard on the thing to carry him! :Very Happy: Good luck everybody! Yellerdawg
Yellerdawg
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Return to Bird Dogs