Avid Female Hunter...a problem with some...?

Forum for Women in the Hunting World, Welcome to All...

Avid Female Hunter...a problem with some...?

Postby HuntinRose89 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:50 pm

I'm an avid hunter, I'd actually pick huntin over anything else, except family.
But While i was in the moutains this winter hunting, I had jus registered my deer at the nearest mom and pop convenience store. As i finished up, a group of hunters came in and waited their turn, some were lookin, some were gettin some drinks and munchies, and as i finished up and turned around reachin for my dip, the look in a couple guys's faces made me wanna laugh out loud....It was basically like...'WTH Someone Like YOU doin huntin.' Or thinkin me phony like i'm jus dressed up and not huntin.... I did notice in that small town, majority of the women huntin were as it was called by some who grew up there and are raisein their own kids there, 'big' or 'Burly' and the ones of my size were dressed city-like and obviously had no interest in huntin. Now i know plenty guys who like a girl like me huntin and fishin and workin on cars and and jus an all round tomboy....Gretchen Wilson i've been called...lol. But to get a look of disgust made me wanna go back in and ask what the problem was...hehe...but my buddy stopped me...knowin me well when i stand my ground i stand it til the other backs down.
Well anywho, jus anyone that feels women shouldn't hunt, i'm jus curious as to why it's a problem...And how come on VS. or any other tv show where u watch huntin techniques and such, why aren't the girls that ARE on there 'big' or 'burly'?? Why are they mostly my size?

This is jus a rambler's post, but curiousity as well.
HuntinRose89
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Re: Avid Female Hunter...a problem with some...?

Postby sqwrly » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:39 am

honestly i dont care who hunts as long as theyre safe, knowledgeable, and have fun.
mathews DXT 25" 65#
Parker extreme ultra-lite 31 24" 70#
Benelli Nova 24" barrel 3 1/2 inch
Traditions Pursuit XLT .50 Cal
CVA Wolf .50 cal
sqwrly
180 Class Whitetail
180 Class Whitetail

93.00Points

Postby HuntinRose89 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:14 am

very much agreed. lol
HuntinRose89
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby ChrtruseMajic » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:55 pm

I think women hunting is awesome. Don't stop. It might not have been the hunting atire they were talking about but rather the chewing tobacco. haha. But that doesn't bother me in slightest either. I used to do it all the time. Keep on keepin on. Who cares what the others think.
Good Hunting,
Steve (aka) Whitt

Mathews Z7 Xtreme #60 29"
Beretta Extrema II 28" Barrel
Beretta 1975 OverUnder 30" Barrel
Marlin .22
Smith & Wesson M&P .45
ChrtruseMajic
190 Class Typical Whitetail

306.00Points

Postby HuntinRose89 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:59 pm

Oh i wasn't gonna quit cuz a few mere looks. And i got into the dippin cuz i can't smoke in the blind, yea, you know how it goes. lol.
But either way, I am stubborn and it will take a lot to stop me from huntin. Not even marriage will stop me, kids will for a couple years, but when i can leave them with a family memeber or a babysitter, i will go huntin once again. Dippin, i will quit eventually, or switch to pouches...maybe...
All in all, i'm not goin to stop bein me.
HuntinRose89
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby ChrtruseMajic » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:08 pm

Well put! I wouldn't want it any other way. Yea, I didn't want to stop dipping, but it is REALLY bad for you. It is worse than cigarettes for cancer. That is the only reason why I stopped. I had been doing it for like 7 years, no apparent tooth or gum problems, but I just don't wanna risk it.

Well I am glad to see that we have someone that loves hunting as much as we do and it seems that you want to chat on the forums, so more power to ya.
Good Hunting,
Steve (aka) Whitt

Marlin .22
Smith & Wesson M&P .45
ChrtruseMajic

306.00Points

Postby HuntinRose89 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:28 pm

thank you. I love to hunt, like in my about me, i'd jus about pick huntin over anything. hehe.
And i look forward to chattin and meeting new people who enjoy huntin as much as i do. Now to rub off on the Boyfriend. Who says he's equal with me cuz he hit his deer this year. lmao.
HuntinRose89
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby Smoke1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:09 pm

HuntinRose89, I never thought of hunting as a male or female thing, I've hunted with women most of my life growing up in PA. I'm a dipper myself and work with a few Women in the Marines that dip as well. I think you are on to something that a lot of people would be interested in hearing, sounds like a good subject for an article.
Smoke1
140 Class Whitetail
140 Class Whitetail

63.00Points

Postby ChrtruseMajic » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:27 pm

I agree. An article from you would probably be something a lot of people would want to read.
Good Hunting,
Steve (aka) Whitt

Marlin .22
Smith & Wesson M&P .45
ChrtruseMajic

306.00Points

Postby cut_un » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:05 pm

HuntinRoss, more power to ya ! It's all about the enjoyment of the great outdoors. Men and women alike. I,for one am glad you found the great outdoors. Don't know what you passion is but if you ever get the erge to chase a few feathers, you've got a seat in my blind anytime...and ya can dip, spit and do anything your little heart desires...cause WE HUNTIN!:Very Happy:
Chasin Feathers! A sporting way of life

Enjoy the Journey
&
Share your passion,take a kid hunting!!
cut_un
120 Class Whitetail
120 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Next

Return to Women Hunters