Avid Female Hunter...a problem with some...?

Forum for Women in the Hunting World, Welcome to All...

Re: Avid Female Hunter...a problem with some...?

Postby Ladybowhunter » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:59 pm

I am a female hunter, I love it, I have been bowhunting since I was around 21...started out slow, and just making trips with my husband to the turkey woods, then deer hunting, He bought me my first bow, it was a kit, we had to sand it and paint it and put it together, Wow! have times changed, I shoot a Hoyt..I love it...I just like going to the woods, so peacful...I have to addmit, it took several years before my first harvest..And I have learned alot, like ...dont wash hunting clothes with snuggle fabric softner..lol..and I no longer need to be taken to my stand..I go by myself...I hope all women start the good old fashion deer hunting, go with your mate, or a friend, just to get the feel of it...I wait so eagerly for fall to arrive, I want to be out there in my treestand on opening day, and I am...Sometimes it's so hot and the bugs are so bad.. but now I carry a Thermacell....Love it...then their is those perfect nights to be hunting, then there is the cold, rain, snow, sleet, ice...I have done it all...But I caint just sit at home during hunting season and look out the window, wishing I was in a tree / blind..so I go...as much as I can...So ladies, get out there..and enjoy!!!!
Ladybowhunter
140 Class Whitetail
140 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby HuntinRose89 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:21 pm

Article? An article i could Write, but for who? For years huntin has always been a men's sport, as for fishin and plenty other things, then when women started gettin the "man's job" we merged into other sports, Hunting, Fishin, Racin and so on and so forth. Some guys are still into the old ways, women are for bearin children and house work. SOME GUYS, not all.
@Cut_un, My passion, Anything just about. Mostly Deer and Turkey. Now that i have a Lab, I'm workin on him to retrieve my ducks and geese and turkey, quail, pheasant and hopefully varmin.
Love the outdoors. Lookin forward to experiencing new things.
Hopin come fishin season, i fish from a kayak for the first time. X)
Happy fishin and Huntin' all....And it'd be awesome if i could find some huntin ladies to hang with around my way. X)
HuntinRose89
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby savingyour6 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:40 pm

Happy to hunt with you, and Pass the dipp this way...lol, actually, i prefered smoking.... even in the stand, hell iv shot deer with the smoke hanging out of the other side of my mouth... as far as being a woman hunter... glad to have you in the woods.... wish i could get my wife in the woods....
"A hunt based on only trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be...time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there." - Fred Bear
savingyour6
200 Class Whitetail
200 Class Whitetail

384.00Points

Postby ChrtruseMajic » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:51 pm

Well if you were to write something, just write about hunting from a woman's perspective. I don't know. I would if I were a woman. lol. But since you are getting into fowl hunting, let me know when you want to go and me or cut-un will holler back.
Good Hunting,
Steve (aka) Whitt

Mathews Z7 Xtreme #60 29"
Beretta Extrema II 28" Barrel
Beretta 1975 OverUnder 30" Barrel
Marlin .22
Smith & Wesson M&P .45
ChrtruseMajic
190 Class Typical Whitetail
190 Class Typical Whitetail

306.00Points

Postby Ladybowhunter » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:05 pm

Love to see ladies out there hunting, you go girl...I love hunting too, bowhunting is my passion...
Ladybowhunter
140 Class Whitetail
140 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Previous

Return to Women Hunters