any one

Postby Orrin » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:43 am

does anyone trap for coons or bobcats
Orrin
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby usmcbowhunter » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:17 am

No, but I often wondered how to get started with that. Advice?
usmcbowhunter
140 Class Whitetail
140 Class Whitetail

0.00Points

Postby hefner » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:50 am

I trap coons with those feet traps (little bear traps...I dont know what you actually call them) Find a creek with a small amount of moving water and place the trap in the walls of the creek...use sardines to bait it and pour the juices into the water...the water will carry the scent down the creek and they'll be able to follow it. Be sure to hide the trap well and place pieces of the sardines all around and under the trap. I've had a lot of success with this...be sure to check them daily...almost everytime I've come up to one, they've been chewing their hand off.

For bobcats, dig a small hole and place the trap inside...kill a little bird and use the body for bait. Put a stick upright above the hole and tie a feather to it so that it twirls in the wind...that'll get their attention and when they reach into the hole, the trap will go off...be careful though, they'll chew off their hand and climb a tree and are liable to attack whatever comes uner it. Hope that helps.
hefner
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby danielboon » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:27 pm

dude honestly u never put ur bait under the trap. if u want to git some good coon huntin in go to a stream or somewhere where u see alot of coon track's. find a part in the stream where the track's dip into the water a lil bit. dig out a lil git of the mud in the area u want to set ur trap. the trap wich of course is called a "Pan Trap"or leg trap whichever u wanna call it. set ur trap and set it down into that lil area where u dug out the mud. take a paper bag and cut it so it cover's ur entire trap and set that ontop of the trap and cover it with a lil bit of sand or mud whichever is more convenient. make sure to not have any stick's or stones in that mud though.cus it will make it to where the coon can pull it's foot out.after ur done with that.... take the end of the chain and put a stake in it out towards the center or the water that way when u catch the coon it will go around in circles in the trap and tangle the chain up around the stake and it will drown... and like hefner said be sure to check it every mornin first thing. good luck and happy trappin
country boy eagle wolf bear hawk
danielboon
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Postby danielboon » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:29 pm

oh and be sure that the trap is submerged in atleast an inch of water that way if the moon comes up and the water drops it will still be covered by the water. it helps out alot believe me.
country boy eagle wolf bear hawk
danielboon
Button Buck
Button Buck

0.00Points

Return to Coon Hunting